Friday, August 14, 2009

Looney tunes

EggEgg started to whine as soon as Tonton arrived home. From happily buzzing along one moment, EggEgg just dropped whatever activity he's doing and just get frustrated over everything. He ignored Tonton's presence, demanded food and drink and be attended to. How I hate this daily behaviour.

So today I gave Eggegg a well-deserved time-out in his room for being rude to Daddy. As EggEgg wailed in the background, I started singing this song to lighten the mood:

人迫我 屈我辱我 早慣面對災禍
窮途坎坷 慷慨高歌 打開黑暗封鎖
《誓不低頭》 - 鄭少秋
(Other people bully and frame me. I'm used to calamity.
When there is no way out, I sing loudly to break the oppressive darkness.)

Tonton could see the sarcasm intended. He said, "You are so nasty to your son! How can you have the heart to sing and make fun of the poor guy? 落井下石!"

I was upset. "Come on, I gave him a time out because he was rude to you! I am the bad cop so that you can be the saint. Is that not good enough for you? Perhaps I should be mournful since my poor darling is being locked up in his room? Will singing this instead make me look like a loving mother instead of a monster?

眼淚在心裡流
苦痛 問你知否?
《眼淚為你流》 - 陳百強 
My tears are in my heart
My pain, what do you know of it?

Nevermind, that night Tonton's famous seafood paella made us all laughing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.