Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I want to be the Wiggles too

Pat pat pat pat... Cola slaps my back when he's merry. And if he's really excited, he would bounce up and down my shoulders too.

Cola's old enough to play the drums and be part of the "Wiggles Family" now. Day and night, EggEgg organises jamming session with everybody. The drums, the flute, the bells, and of course, the Wiggles music. As if on cue, Cola plays the drum as EggEgg blows on the flute.

EggEgg proudly announced that he's the Purple Wiggle. "Nana 紫!" (EggEgg, purple!) He'd pretend to fall asleep and ask us to wake him up, just like in the real show. "1...2...3... Wake up EggEgg!"

After a qualifying round, Tonton has been appointed as the permanent Blue Wiggle. Poor Tonton is forced to stand up and play the chosen musical instrument whenever the Wiggles music comes on. Oh, and the dance moves too! (Hot potato, hot potato! Toot toot chuga chuga big red car!) After a few boisterous nights of concert, Tonton tried to flee from the scene whenever he sees EggEgg drag out the drums. He hid behind the bookcase, much to the annoyance of the Purple Wiggle who is trying to round up his band.

As for Cola and I, we just weren't good enough to be the Wiggles. "Noh... baybee, noh!" as the Purple Wiggle waggles his finger and rejects us in his thick Australian drawl. (Strangely enough, EggEgg speaks English to Cola, of all people! The other day I caught him saying, "Baybee, ai dun noh!", much to my amusement).

After repeated pleas to join the Wiggles, finally I've been accepted as the Yellow Wiggle, and Cola's the Red Wiggle. Hooray! I bet if we have the proper skivvies, we would be forced to wear them too.

Hello we're the Wiggles,
we'd like to say hello to you.
Hello we're the Wiggles,
we'd like to say hello.

My name is Baba and I wear blue.
My name is Nana and I wear purple.
My name is Baybee and I wear red.
My name is Mami and I wear yellow.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Hey I know that song! Aidan has been singing that lately because we *finally* upgrade to some new Wiggles music instead of the same two CDs that we had. We also do that 1..2...3...Wake up Aidan! at home! haha..

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.