Friday, July 24, 2009

The devastating winter of 2009

What a fortnight!

Day 0: Cola gets diarrhoea. He picked up the flu germs while waiting at the GP.
Day 3: Cola comes down with a fever. Visit to GP again.
Day 4,5,6: I lost my voice (some kind of throat infection). Whisper all day around the house.
Day 7,8,9: Send healthy EggEgg away to the grandparents for temporary child minding.

Day 10: Pick up EggEgg. Got a 2 hour lecture from the mother-in-law about how lucky I am to have her & Tonton, how I should raise my kids, how I should run my household, how I should cook and work and take care of everyone, yada yada yada. (Point taken: I think twice before ever asking her for any child-minding favour again! Perhaps on my death bed?)

Day 11: The stress made my cough worse.
Day 12: EggEgg comes down with a fever. Visit to GP.

Day 13: EggEgg got a sudden allergic reaction to the cough syrup (or is it the fish floss in the congee?). Rushed to the ER in an ambulance. Very dramatic. The paramedic gave EggEgg an adrenaline shot which makes his heart rate goes up the roof from 100/min to 190/min. (I think mostly it's because EggEgg went stark crazy trying to struggle from the big guy.)
On the other hand, I contributed to the global pandemic cause by coughing non-stop at the hospital.

Day 14: Daddy stayed overnight in the hospital. All of us picked up new germs! Everyone gets a fresh round of fever. Visit to GP.
Day 15: Visit to GP
Day 16: Visit to GP

Is this over? Are we done with the winter virus? May I take a break now please? Please??
The Magnolia and Cherry Blossoms are blooming on our street. Spring is just round the corner. Hallelujah!

Final damage this winter (May, June, July):


Source
Carrier
Victims
3 rounds of flu
Pre-school
EggEgg
Cola & Mami
Middle ear infection


Cola
Gastro virus
Pre-school
EggEgg
Cola
Swine flu ?
GP clinic
Cola & Mami
EggEgg
Respiratory virus
The hospital

All 4 of us

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Oh my goodness! You really had a horrible winter. I am so sorry to know all of you were so sick! I hope the worst is gone and here comes Spring along with nicer winter. Stay strong! It's going to be over soon!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.