I was sweating. The weeds had extensively invaded our front lawn after the week of rain, and here I am trying to keep the kids entertained outdoors on a weekday morning. Cola was blissfully looking at the trees and shrubs from the comfort of his stroller, while EggEgg was busy "mowing" the lawn with his toy lawnmower.
My neighbour next door picked up his mail, and waved hi to us. (FYI, He's a hairdresser at the local mall in his late 30s, single, no kids.)
"I noticed you don't trim your edges," he said, "you may borrow our trimmer if you don't own one."
Trimming the edges? We're barely keeping up with the mowing and the weeding!
"No thanks, Tonton doesn't really like gardening. I'm the one who enjoy it."
"Ah, I see. Of course, of course. You like to do gardening because you're so free at home." He said politely and walked away.
Yup. That night Tonton & I are having a laugh about this incident. Tonton suggested, "You really shouldn't spend all day drinking beer and watching endless TV soaps, you know. The neighbours are watching."
ps. After another session of brainstorming, Tonton & I came up with a even better solution: I'll start wearing kitchen gloves and apron for 24hours a day, just to keep up with the appearances. Will I look like a domestic goddess?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.