Saturday, May 30, 2009

No risk, no gain: Poo training

Warning: The following material is classified M, for Mature Audiences only. It contains nudity, graphic description, strong language, foul odour and mild violence. It may cause distress to some readers.

Motivation, motivation! If these events haven't occurred, I would not be so resolved to press on with toilet training a 2 year old:

March, 2009
EggEgg is so picky about the potty that he refuse to sit in it for a poo. He was taking a shower with me when I noticed that he need to go. Very nicely & politely I asked him to sit on the potty. "No", he bluntly refused. And next thing I saw, he pooped on the shower floor. And clog the bloody drain. And made me bloody swear. And made the shower bloody stink.

April, 2009
Knowing that he can get away with the nappy in the early morning before anyone is awake, EggEgg decided to regularly poo in his nappy as soon as he wakes up. He then proceed to play with his toys on the floor, thus sitting on the nappy and squashing the overflowing material. It leaked through his pants, through his sleeping bag, and through to the playmat.

I wake up everyday to clean his dreadful room, shower his smelly bottom, and launder his bedclothes. And, to make matters worse, this April has been the wetting in Sydney in 6 years. It pours everyday.

May, 2009
EggEgg simply doesn't care about going to the potty. He poos in his undies whenever he felt like it. "You look like you need the potty. Please go now." No, he bluntly refuses again.
He's learnt a new trick: if he poos in his undy, all he needs to do is to remain standing and walking around slowly. Just don't sit down and it won't leak.

One poo. "Fine, I'll deal with it. It's only an accident."

Two poo. "Okay, don't do it next time, EggEgg. Poo in the potty, please. Not in your nice Bob-the-builder unies"

Three poo. "That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (If I were the protagonist in the Dragon Ball cartoon, my Super Seiyan level should be about 9999999 at that point in time.)

ps. Anyway, he stopped pooing in his undies after that final "motivational" incident. No, I am not revealing my secret strategy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.