Cola's has learnt the concept of object permanence, and that leads to the next challenge: separation anxiety.
Cola is teething and rolling and sitting up and having separation anxiety, all at the same time.
- Teething = he doesn't want to eat much, and just want to suck on me all the time.
- Rolling over = I know Cola's woken up from a nap by the distinctive sound of a heavy object hitting the floor boards. Oddly, sometimes he's so surprised that he's fallen off the bed, and forgot to cry.
- Sitting = as Cola tries to grab the toys in front of him, his heavy head sinks lower and lower until it hits the hard wooden floor , ouch.
- Separation anxiety = as soon as I leave his line of sight even for 0.005 seconds, he misses me and cries.
This is a very high maintenance mode wherein I can't leave him alone for a single moment. The warning alarms are ringing all the time. So that leaves me with no choice but to hold him all day long.
I'm carrying him everywhere on one hand, to the loo, to the garden, to the kitchen, to sleep. Luckily, he loves 2 people best at the moment-- me & his big bro. When Daddy holds him, Cola fidgets uncomfortably and kept on scanning around the room to detect my presence. Once he finds me, his eyes are home in no matter where I move. Hands would flap wildly, stretch out from Tonton's cuddle, all ready to fly to my arms instead. Daddy calls this "the GPS mode" where the mini satellite is set to chart Mami's course.
Now that my biceps muscles development is finally catching up with Cola's weight (i.e. my arms don't ache any more at night), I don't mind so much. While some women, like my grandmother, learn how to play Majong with their left-hand while carrying their child, I'm learning how to touch-type on on one hand while carrying Cola on the other. (It's the "half qwerty" technique which involves pressing the spacebar as a means to transform characters.)
In order to continue the blogs I'm left with only 2 choices:
Write in the day time with 1 hand, barely registering 20wpm
Or sneak out from the warm cozy bed on freezing winter dawns to type with 2 hands.
Ah... none of that is tempting to me. So we'll have to let this blog lag for a while. Heehee.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.