Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Birth of the Toximycophobia (Act 2)

Act 2, Scene 1
The next day had been sunny. We had a round of soccer in the backyard, before I decided to go out for an evening walk again.

As they are putting on their shoes, EggEgg reminded Cola, "Remember to wear socks. And don't wear sandals, you must wear shoes."
I thought EggEgg was being sensible, since winter is not the right time to wear sandals.
Then, EggEgg offered further explanation, "... otherwise you might step on the poisonous mushrooms."

I thought he should have forgotten the whole business about those mushrooms up the road?!

As we walked up the same path again, I was delighted to point out to EggEgg that all those red mushrooms had shriveled up and died under today's hot sun.

"Why?"
"Coz mushrooms love rain and they hate sunshine. They grow on grassy areas when it rains. But when the sun comes out, they dry up and disappear. So you don't have to worry about them any more. See? None here?" EggEgg carefully inspected the scene and accepted with my theory of the vanishing mushrooms.

**********************
Act 2, Scene 2
There I was, trying to juggle 3 bags of groceries while holding 2 little kids hands as we attempt to cross the road at rush hour. Mathematically, I need 5 hands to complete the task.

"Did it rain just now while we were inside the supermarket?" EggEgg asked suddenly.
Rain? I can't find a cloud in the twilight sky. It makes me wonder what he's thinking...
"No it didn't rain at all. Why are you asking this? Aha!! Are you afraid that the poisonous mushrooms have popped up while we were doing our shopping?"

EggEgg have a coy smile and admitted, "Yes. I am scared they might be back."

Thus, a new medical term for this malady: Toximycophobia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.