Thursday, July 15, 2010

Money, money, money


I held Cola up to get a better view of the large family picture that's hung in the corridor.

"Who's that person on the wall?"
"爸爸!" (Daddy)

"And that person next to him?"
"Uh!" He points to EggEgg that's standing by.

"And what's the name of that baby?"
"包包!" (That's his nickname at this point in time.)

"What about this person? Who is she?"
"Neh!"
I'm thoroughly disappointed that he can't even pronounce my name.
"I'm not Neh! Call me Ma-mi. Ma-mi. Ma-mi."

For the next few days, I have to remind Cola over and over again that my name is not Neh. But the name stuck and he insisted on calling me that. In the morning, "Neh~!" to draw my attention for getting him out of his cot. When he is unhappy, "Neh~!" as he flys into my embrace. I was about to give up in correcting him, until, a few days later, I heard him quietly practicing by himself, "Mar... neh. Mar... neh."

That was a bright start to another brand new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.