Thursday, October 29, 2009

My girlfriend

EggEgg had a face paint at pre-school today, a ladybird on one cheek and a snake on the other. Back in the car, I asked him about school today:

"Did you have fun at school today?" Fun!
"Have you got any friends at school?" Yes.
"How many friends have you got?" One.
"Is your friend a boy or a girl?" Girl.

Girl? EggEgg rarely plays with girls. Just to confirm it, I asked,
"Do you know your friend's name?" Don't know.
"Does she wear a skirt or pants?" Skirt
"What color is her skirt?" Many color!
"Did she also have a face paint today? What animal has she got?" A spider!
"Did you hold her hand?" No.
"Did you have lunch with her?" Yes.

Hmm... this is the second week that EggEgg's told me he's got a friend in school. It send me and Tonton to giggles that EggEgg's got a little girlfriend.

I remember 30 years ago when I was at Santa Rosa kindy, there was a boy who played with me everyday. Every recess time, we'd walk around the playground, holding hands innocently, and even go to the toilet together. I don't even know his name. But one day, he just didn't play with me anymore. Perhaps he has been teased by his parents about "having a girlfriend" and was too embarrassed to be seen with me?

1 comment:

Virginia said...

How cute. Aidan has a little girlfriend at school too. Every time I asked him what he did at school, he would say "Play with Jia Jia". Too adorable!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.