I'm must have told you before that I'm a board game nut. You don't believe me?Yes, I have over 50 boardgames stashed in a special cabinet.
Yes, I have made my own cheapie versions of boardgame since primary school. (They usually fall apart after playing twice with my bro, but hey, let's make another.)
Yes, when I go on business trips to HongKong, Singapore, US, my first concern is how I can sneak out early to shop for more boardgames and how many boxes can be fit into my suitcase.
Yes, I sometimes force my friends & Tonton to play with me, when I'm in a fit of passion.
Yes, I have made my own cheapie versions of boardgame since primary school. (They usually fall apart after playing twice with my bro, but hey, let's make another.)
Yes, when I go on business trips to HongKong, Singapore, US, my first concern is how I can sneak out early to shop for more boardgames and how many boxes can be fit into my suitcase.
Yes, I sometimes force my friends & Tonton to play with me, when I'm in a fit of passion.
Imagine my delight when I have my first child, EggEgg. Wow, another person to play boardgames with! On countless sleepy morning as I crawl after him, I think of the day when he could roll a dice, pick a color, count to 5 and move the pawn forward.
Please, learn, baby! I've painstakingly path the way of initiation for my little apprentice: By 1 year old, EggEgg has how to use a Dice properly. He could also roll the card machine to shuffle a deck of cards. By 2 year old, he could pick out the correct color and count to 2. Hurray, that's enough to start our first game!
Today, the day has finally arrived. He played Zingo with me, for 5 rounds with total enthusiasm. Poor Tonton's tired of it by the second round. As the son of the true boardgame nut, he even carried the game into his bedroom, and played by himself first thing when he wakes up. At 7 in the morning, I could hear him deal the chips, "Ai ya ya ya... Hee hee hee".
Now, let's not waste a moment to commence Cola's training: Look baby, a Dice! Pick dice up... let go of dice...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.