Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy afternoons with a 1 year old EggEgg

Ah, afternoons! My time to rest, in the course of our daily 10 hour play-eat-play-eat marathon.

Putting EggEgg down for a nap is a ton of fun. Once 3pm hits, I'll pull the window blinds and race EggEgg to see who burrows into the mattress first. How he loves jumping into the mattress and giggled as I buried him under the thick quilt! He'll tunneled around the quilt like a little mole, popping out from my legs, my head, my tummy... as if trying to burn off the rest of his unlimited energy reserve.

The pregnancy with Cola has made me physically tired each day. I'd yawn and close my eyes while EggEgg continued playing around the room. Today he had pulled out the shape sorter, Pop-up Pirate, Domino train and quietly entertained himself as I get a head-start on the nap. Through half-opened eye lids, it is amusing to see him being so busy in the dark nursery.

Hmm... a familiar smell from his bum. "Have you done a poo, EggEgg?" He blinked his eyes, pulled out a fresh nappy from shelf and gave it to me. Well, I have no choice but to get up and wash him.

Back to bed, he took a story book and shoved it into my face. "Okay, I'll read you a story. But you have to nap afterwards. Deal?" To my surprise, he kept his promised and tried to close his eyes after the story is over...

Poor fella, everyday as his muscles began to relax, his ezcema condition would flare and cause him to scratch all over his body. (It is sad to see that these words are already in his 1-year-old vocabulary: "Put on cream" & "Where's itchy" & "Do not scratch") EggEgg got up from the bed, pulled the anti-itch cream from the shelf and bid me rub it onto his neck & limbs. I rubbed on a generous amount all over his body, but he won't let me put it away and would ask to put more & more & more to stop the itch. Poor thing. I wish this were some magical cream that would stop the itch instantaneously. But alas!

Holding him in my arms, it's blissful to see his innocent round fat face and feel his weight melting into me. Often, I'd fall into a peaceful slumber and let time fly...

A few hours later, I heard a giggle from the nursery. EggEgg was awake. I found him sitting on the bed in semi-darkness, clutching his favorite toy tiger and reading a book upside-down. "Are you awake already, little one? Let's have dinner."

These are the days when fun, love and innocence all seemed to blur into one. I am happy to be alive at this happiest time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.