It's been a year since I last gave EggEgg a haircut. The drastic shave last year has left me feeling a sense of terrible loss (posted in "Where has my little baby gone?" http://ilovejappy.blogspot.com/2008/01/where-has-my-little-baby-gone.html).
This time round, the haircut has come at a cost of 6 Jelly Beans bribes: 1 JB as a "pre-cut" deposit, 2 JB as a reward for staying still during the cut, 1 JB for being a good boy in the shower to rinse out all the hair cuttings, and 2 final JB as a "post-cut" payment.
And the result? He couldn't look more like Jim Carrey in the movie "Dumb and Dumber"! In the frenzy of trying to cut his hair as his head keep moving around, I made the mistake of cutting everything in a straight line, in the hope that this will make him look "neat". Daddy, my bro and my friends couldn't help laughing at his dopey new hair style. Luckily, EggEgg is too young to feel embarrassed.
On closer look, I feel sad that EggEgg has shed his innocent toddler image. He looked more like a 2-year-old now. Time flies so quickly, and I miss my naive little boy.
I miss the mornings when he flies into my bed with a big wet kiss on my face...
I miss the wobbly steps that he makes, and his insistence on holding Mami & Daddy's hands as he walks home (even though Daddy has his hands full already with 5 grocery bags)...
I miss the opportunity to teach him repetitive little things like drinking from a straw, holding a spoon, unzipping a bag, twisting open a bottle cap, putting shapes into a shape sorter...
Soon, he won't even need me to change his clothes, put on his shoes, or read to him. Oh, independence does break a mother's heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.