Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cola's birth

Cola arrived on a picturesque spring day, with warm gentle breeze and white fluffy clouds drifting over a big blue sky. A time when my favorite Jacaranda trees lined the street with their purple blossoms. A day when the hospital ward is exceptionally quiet.

On Wednesday night, before going to bed, I had affirmed to Cola that I'd love him as much as his big brother. Then, as if he is satisfied with my sincerity, my waters broke that very night.

He is as different to EggEgg as night is to day. While EggEgg looks like Tonton's clone, Cola looks like me. EggEgg gave me his first smiled at dawn the very next day of birth. Cola rarely smiled, there was only one time when I caught him smirking, with a very cute dimple on his left cheek. I had always wished for dimples on my babies, now I have my wish granted.

Cola is an easy baby, never too fussy, sleeps well and feeds well from the very beginning. As if this is his way of saying, "Love me more, mami, I'm trying my best to divert some of your love from big brother."

He is a thinking baby. His eyes are opened wide most of the day, as if drawing in the essence of the world into his little brain.

I thank God for His abundant blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.