The other day Egg Egg and I were passing by one of those money-sucking carousal rides in a shopping mall. Not wanting to set a precedent for putting in a $2 coin each time I go past one of these machines, I whispered to Egg Egg, "Well, this car will move when there's another auntie & kid who come along to join the ride."
Funnily enough, Egg Egg nodded in comprehension. Each time a woman goes by with a stroller, he would start waving at them frantically to beckon them to come forward to the carousal. After a couple of failures, EggEgg turned both his palms upwards (his sign language for, "no one? nothing?") with a high note of "huh??" (his limited vocabulary for "why? where?"). That is to say, "Why aren't those kids coming to play with me on this very attractive carousal ride?" Come and this thing will move!
Thus the wry logic of a 1½ year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.