Tonton and I are unused to the new found peace, quiet and freedom.
At night, there is no sound of whimpering, crying, tantrums to wake us up abruptly from the warm bed. We, slept through the night, for once in a long time.
In the morning, we can sleep in as late as we want. No one to wake us up with "can you help me take off this pyjamas?" or "big brother hit me!!" or "I'm hungry. where is breakfast?"
Gardening, here I come!!
In the afternoon, we don't need to worry about the lunch. Long coffee and even longer weekend newspaper. Lunch at 3pm. Who cares?
By the evening, the house is eerily quiet. I started wondering what to do with all that extra space once our kids have moved out when they have grown up.
"Shall we sell this place and downsize when we get old?" I wondered.
Tonton has a better idea, "Lets just sealed off those 4 bedrooms. We'll live all day long in the rumpus, just you and me."
Dinner time. There is no body to interrupt our conversation. No spilled drinks, no dropped food.
And we have all night to ourselves to watch DVDs to our hearts content too.
Serenity. Peace. Quiet. Total freedom.
But something feel amiss. Am I too addicted to the noise, chaos and wild companionship?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.