I was blissfully soaking in the bathtub, Bobo is floating. The 2 kids visited me again.
"Hey, do you boys remember anything about the time being inside Mami's tummy?" I asked them.
EggEgg, as usual taking the lead, answers with a definitive, "No, I can't remember anything." Cola just repeated whatever the big brother has said.
"What? You can remember nothing at all? Was it dark? or bright? or fun?" -Nah.
"What about the time you are a baby. Did you remember me playing with you? What were your favourite clothes and toys?" -Nah (But I do remember their favourite clothes and toys!)
"Do you remember the trip to Tasmania when you were a baby?" -Nah (But I do remember that Tasmanian trip!)
"Or the trip to Japan?"
EggEgg brighten up and answered, "Yes I was 3 years old. I remember going to Japan"
But for Cola, it was a disappointing, "Cola cannot remember."
Was my effort in creating special childhood memories futile? Perhaps it is not worth spending time with them when they can't remember a thing at all?
I think the real answer is that, those special memories, they don't belong to the children. They belong to us the parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.