Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This is the house where I'll bring up my boys

My first taste of the joy of house ownership! After years and years of drifting, I now have a place to call my own.  A permanent home, a permanent dining table, a permanent bed. (If there is indeed such a thing as "permanent" in this transient world.)

Look over there.  I can see the door steps where Tonton will arrive home happily everyday for the next 40, 50 years.  And look at this. This is the solid wooden dining table where I will watch the children doing their homework, studying for their exams, burning their midnight oil. And this is the sofa where we shall cuddle together and play plenty of card games on weekends.  And this is the bathtub that they will all bathe in, until they are too big to sit together. This is the garden where chickens and dogs will roam (eventually). And here my children will grow up spending days, months, years together.  Many years later, on the day I die, I will remember how their little feet pattered on these shiny floor boards, in this place where I can finally call Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.