Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cost-benefit analysis

After losing sleep for a few nights, I've decided to move to a small soft bed to see if a change of environment helps with the insomnia.

As soon as I finished setting the bed and laying down the quilt, EggEgg and Cola snuggled into my bed, demanding to sleep together. 3 person on a single size bed? A cure for insomnia? No way!

Knowing that Cola would only protest No! No! No! if I tried to kick him out, my only hope is to convince EggEgg to sleep elsewhere.

"It's very crowded in here. Why don't you go sleep with Daddy tonight?"
"No, I don't want to sleep with Daddy. I like Mami."
"Daddy likes you too and he wants to sleep with you. Go confirm with Daddy if he likes you."

Yippee! That trick got EggEgg out of the bed, but he suspiciously went only as far as the doorway. From there, he bawled, "Daddy, do you love me?"
"Yes I love you." Comes the faint reply from the dining room.
EggEgg cheekily reported, "Daddy said he doesn't love me. So I sleep here with Mami."

Not wanting him to return to my bed, I asked EggEgg to pass another question:
"Huh? Well, then why don't you ask Daddy if it's okay to sleep in his bed tonight?"
With the same repertoire, EggEgg tried to snuggle back into my bed, "Daddy said I may not sleep in his bed tonight. So I sleep here with Mami."

Luckily, my 3-year university degree in marketing comes to the rescue. With the sweetest voice I could muster, "Well, my dear, if you go out now, you will get lots and lots of 著數 (benefits)! First, you can eat yummy strawberries from the fridge coz you haven't had dessert yet! Then you can play with your toys for a little while longer. Later, Daddy will read you many bedtime stories. And I give you the permission to use my special booklight too. But if you stay here, you shall be stuck here in total darkness, it's so boring..."

EggEgg leaped out of bed and disappeared into the living room right away. (Hahahaha... 3 year old are suckers...)

Now I just need to make sure Cola doesn't roll off in the middle of the night.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Bribery works like a charm. Unfortunately, not forever.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.