Thursday, January 22, 2009

The reason for blogging

Tonton, the ever conservative, low-key fellow, does not understand why I should bother to spent time every night on writing blogs or facebooks.  When I happily reported that others are actually reading my blog, his retort was, "big deal..."

Today I explained to him, "Well, in my job, I only see the same 3 persons everyday.  2 of them can't talk yet. The other one who could talk has a limited vocabulary.  He could only say things like, 'Big deal', 'No comment', 'How would i know?'"

Through blogging, I could actually socialise and connect to other people. Otherwise you will see me talking to the Jacaranda tree soon.

BEATRICE: I wonder that you will still be talking, Signior Benedick: nobody marks you.
BENEDICK: What, my dear Lady Disdain! are you yet living?
(From Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing, Act 1 Scene I)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly!! Husbands don't understand! When my parents leave, I will be in the same boat as you are.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.