I too have noticed the changes: EggEgg has lost his usual generosity for sharing food, and begin to selfishly guard all the snacks for himself. He no longer likes to wonder at the passing planes in the sky, the spinning fans on the roof-tops, nor pick up little sticks from the ground. Saddest of all, he pulls away from my hugs and kisses, and prefer me not to touch him when he sleeps.
Our affection for each other has been channeled elsewhere. Tending to Cola, I have only half the time left to pay attention to EggEgg; to play, sing, eat and sleep with him. In turn, EggEgg has turned to Daddy and his grandparents for comfort and companionship.
In a way, we are like ex-lovers who have parted ways. I miss my little boy who would come to me the first thing in the morning. Nowadays, he cares more about searching for the breakfast cereals than searching for my presence. Perhaps it is my fault too, for in the last weeks since Cola's birth, EggEgg wanted whatever little free time I have. I had reprimanded him, gave him time-outs and other punishments for being so clingy.
Gone were the days when I had the luxury to spend all day with EggEgg alone! Inevitably, I had pushed him onto a path of independence and self-sufficiency.
1 comment:
Aww...I hugged my Aidan (aka Dan Dan aka Egg Egg) after reading your blog. He better not pull away when I kiss him!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.