As I took out the tray of piping hot chestnuts from the oven, EggEgg and Cola took their positions in the "factory assembly line" to help peel the chestnuts.
After peeling for a little while, EggEgg's commented, "Mami, last week I helped you peel garlic. Tonight I am helping you peel chestnuts. I think, when I grow up I want to open a chestnut factory."
Tonton and I were roaring with laughter.
EggEgg continued. "I'm serious! I will want to be the boss of the factory, then I don't have to peel chestnuts any more. I will have workers to peel them for me."
I teased him, "Well in that case, we don't need to work so hard on your English studies any more. As the boss of the chestnut factory, all the words you need to know will be, 'Work Harder!', 'Peel Faster!', 'How many kilo do you want to buy, sir?' And I'm sure you only need to speak in Chinese to the workers."
EggEgg is quite specific about his factory. "I want the factory to be in Australia!"
"Well, you will not be making any profit then."
"Profit? What is profit? I want people to peel chestnuts for me."
I heard of kids who wanted to be ninjas when they grow up. But this is the first time I heard of a kid who wants to be a chestnut factory owner when he grow up. Heehee.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.