A celebration of everyday moments with my beloved Tonton and 4 boys. A record about the ups and downs of motherhood. The writings are at times pensive, at times joyous; but mostly, tender outpourings direct from the heart.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Rock-a-bye Mami
With a throbbing headache, there I was lying in bed at 8pm, hoping to get an early night. Bobo sat up in my bed, quite decided that it's not his bedtime yet. I have more more energy for him. Was he about to crawl all over my body like a mountaineer again? Or was he planning to pull out all the tissue from the tissue box? Or worse, trying to eat those tissue when I'm not watching?
Tonight, he's my placid little angel, sitting still, trying to coax me to sleep. "Ooo aaah aaah, uh ooo ooo" he chanted, to the tune of "Wheels on the bus". Very soothing to my tired ears. And he strokes my eyes, my hair, my nose ever so gently; much in the same manner as a mother would stroke a child to sleep. This is very sweet, very unexpected. In no time I drifted off.
An hour later, as I turned in bed, I noticed his little body asleep next to me too, quietly snoring. How and when did he fall asleep himself? By watching over me?
Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetop
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all
Baby is drowsing, cozy and fair
Mother sits near, in her rocking chair
Forward and back, the cradle she swings
And though baby sleeps, he hears what she sings
From the high rooftops, down to the sea
No one's as dear, as baby to me
Wee little fingers, eyes wide and bright
Now sound asleep, until morning light.
about
Tender is the night
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.