Every morning starts with a ritual. EggEgg, usually the first to wake, would walk quietly past my bedroom, peeping in to see if baby and I are awake.
"Can I hold baby in my lap, Mami?"
EggEgg could climb onto our bed from the foot side (so as not to soil my pillow), sit cross leg leaning on the wall, and announce, "I'm ready to hold baby now."
Sometimes Cola will join in and sit cross leg next to him too. "I want baby's head on my lap! Big brother can have baby's legs."
"No I want his head on me. Let's take turns. I have his head first!"
After a period of negotiation, they've decided on the orientation of baby.
"Baby Bobo, look at me." said EggEgg
"No, baby Bobo, look at me first." demanded Cola while twisting baby's head to face his direction.
"No, look at me first. Wait for your turn."
"He's looking at me, not you. "
"No he's looking at me!"
(I wonder what's going to happen when they get older. "Bobo's in my soccer team!" "No, Bobo's on my side!")
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.