The kids were fast asleep and so was I. Tonton was working late into the night to file his annual tax return. He flicked on the corridor light to get some more paperwork from the cupboard.
The sudden shard of brightness has summoned EggEgg out from his sleep. He rose, zombie-like, and dragged his feet to my bedroom. EggEgg looked at me, slightly puzzled, and greeted me with a very, very cheery "Good morning ah, Mami!"
"Not good morning, son. It's still nighttime." EggEgg seemed as confused as I was. I looked at my alarm clock. It's barely past midnight!
***************
A few nights later...
Everybody is sound asleep in their own bed, I heard the sound of a heavy object dropping onto the floor boards. BOING!
"Aha... EggEgg must have rolled out of bed. Hee hee. What a silly little boy." I smiled to myself and continued to sleep.
A few moments later, I heard a soliloquy coming from his bedroom.
"Huh? huh?" Long pause as he tried to figure out why he's lying on the floor.
"Mami, where are you?... Daddy, daddy?... "
No response from anyone.
"Does nobody care about me?... Okay, I'll get back to sleep myself. You guys can continue to sleep all you like!"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.