Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Holiday in Jakarta

Ah. Egg Egg's in Jakarta for another month with his grandma. Well, I'm pretty glad that I could finally catch some sleep-ins. Without fail, EggEgg would wake up to the sound of the Muslim dawn prayer call, and I'd just kick him out of the room. Either good grandma or some unfortunate house-servant would have to care for him till I wake up at 9am. Ah... life is good here.

EggEgg loves his "OJ Grandma". My mum would buy him special bread, and special orange, and special bananas, and special food for his precious grandson. And every evening when mum comes home from work, she would personally squeeze one of those nice golden oranges for him to drink. EggEgg flies to her, the OJ Grandma! In just 1 gulp, all the orange juice would be gone and he would plead for more. I can see their loving bond growing with each day's worth of OJ.

One day, EggEgg was happily playing with his toy flute. By an accidental fling of his hand, EggEgg struck himself with the flute on his head. The funny thing is, he didn't know what hit him at all! Surprised, EggEgg looked around, and wondered, "hmm... why am I feeling this pain on my head?" He then started rubbing his forehead, and continue to look for the culprit. Mum thought he looked hilarious.

All is well in Jakarta. The shopping, the food, the lazy evenings. That is, until the night we have to fly back to Sydney. The flight was truly stuff that nightmares are made of. We were at the airport at 7pm for a 9pm flight, dragging along 100kg of excess luggage. It turned out that the cargo door of that ancient Qantas aircraft refused to close, and there were no spare parts in Jakarta to fix it. So, everyone was kicked out, and we were sent "home" again at 2am in the morning. EggEgg was hyper by that time and even managed to caught a nasty flu from that stupid aircraft that never left the runway. The next day, finally on the plane, EggEgg's nose got stuffed from the flu, and he managed to vomited all his dinner on my dress (with no spare change prepared!) Won..der...ful...

I now have a year to recover from all this drama before flying to Jakarta again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.