There are good days, and there are bad days.
On good days, EggEgg would be happily playing on his own in the morning, browsing through picture books, allowing me to sleep in till normal breakfast time. After breakkie we would do gardening together where he'd hold the hose for me while we sprinkle the plants (uh oh! this is illegal due to water restriction, but hey... it's him, not me!), and prune plants together. He love touching the leaves and flowers, and we'd have a jolly time resting in the shade afterwards.
Nap, lunch, a trike ride to the park, and there goes another wonderful day.
Now that, mind you, is a good day.
On bad days, EggEgg would whinge incessantly from the time he wakes up, won't play by himself, headbutt my cheeks till it hurts, spits out breakfast &/ lunch &/ dinner, whines some more, and won't let me go out of his sight even to the loo.
On those kind of days, I'd look at Tonton and say, "hey, this is YOUR precious son." Tonton would deny profusely claiming that this person is not his son, no no... his real son is the newly acquired telfon coated frying pan, so smooth and clean, and it makes perfect omlettes too. At the same time I tell myself that my good EggEgg has been spirited away and the bloody whinger in front of us is merely his evil twin, named "Boo Boo". Hell no, Boo Boo is not my son either. Tonton & I would physically run away from him, thus making him cry even more.
When I go to bed each night, I'd never know if I'd get EggEgg or BooBoo for the next morning. Like a roller-coaster ride, this kind of unpredictability makes life with a kid so much fun. That is, you'd scream sometimes, but inside, you know you enjoy it and would go for another round.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.