Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Another memorable New Year's Eve

It's midnight, and outside the window there are flashes of bright lights. I'm lying on the mattress with EggEgg nestled in my chest, warm and cozy, all the while sucking and listening in peaceful silence. Ah! It's another year. 2008.

Where was I in the year 2000? I must have been with Tonton out there at the harbour watching the millenium fireworks. That seems like such a long time ago, 8 years, when we were still bursting with youthful energy and enthusiam enough to withstand the crowds for hours to get a vantage viewpoint for the fireworks.

And what about the year 2003, 4 and 5, when we invited our closest friends home for dinner, followed by loud games and a last minute mad dash to the park for the fireworks? Ah those were the days.

This time of the year, I'm lying in bed in absolute bliss with my beloved boys, pretending to be asleep while imagining how bright the skies are tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.