Saturday, February 4, 2012

You give me inner peace and calm


An author once wrote about his experience of going to his daughter's piano concert.  Halfway through the recital, he fell asleep.  Afterwards, his daughter and his wife were both very upset.
"Why can't you stay awake during her recital?" his wife chided.
The man didn't answer at that time.
But in his book, he wrote, "Dear daughter, when you were playing your music, I didn't fall asleep because I was bored out of my ignorance about classical music. Rather, the sight of you playing beautiful music made me feel such calm that I could not help myself but to soak and rest in total peacefulness.

Tonight, after dinner, I laid down on the couch and looked at Bobo playing on the floor happily with a full tummy.  Shaking and banging toys, exploring the various items in the box, crawling around with big grin and a drooling mouth, I could finally appreciate about the inner peace which the author was talking about. I too fell asleep, smiling at the image of Bobo.

***********
Hours passed.  I dragged myself back into bed.  In the silence, in the dark, I can feel Bobo kissing my face. Wet, sucking, over and over again. My cheeks. My face.  He never give me kisses during the day. Inwardly I smiled and drift back to sleep. Was it real? Was it a dream?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.