Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The joy of school pickups

3:30pm. In spite of the mad rush and chaos of the day, there's always a ray of sunshine during afternoon school pick ups.

**************
"Boys, where would you like to go after this? To the park, the supermarket or going home?"

"We don't want to go anywhere. We want to go home!!!"  they chorused from the back seat of the car.

I'm flushing with joy inside, because I've succeeded in making my home the most comfortable, interesting and fun place to be.

**************
As we drove past the local public school, EggEgg pointed out, "Look at the school kids! Mami, am I going to be dressed like that next year?"

"Yes, I've bought you every piece of uniform item already. The blue cap, shirt, grey pants and socks."

EggEgg paused for a moment, and asked, "Does that mean I don't have to wear undies?"
"Huh? Of course you have to wear undies."

"But Mami, you didn't buy the school undies!"

**************
15 minutes later, the automatic garage door rolls up.  I carefully maneuvered the car into our garage.  In the style of an spaceship pilot, I do an announcement from the "cockpit":

*Whoosh*  
Welcome to space station!  It is now safe to take off your seat belt.  Please proceed to open the space shuttle door slowly. Don't forget to put on your space helmet.  Carry your oxygen tank with you at all times.
*Ding dong ding dong*

This announcement never failed to make them giggle and laugh their way into the house.
(In the original earth language: Don't slam the car door onto the wall. Wear your school hat. Carry your own school bags into the house.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.