On the way driving back from Toysrus, EggEgg suddenly asked,
"Mami, is that a park over there?"
"Park? Where?"
"There, with lots of trees."
"No, EggEgg. That's a cemetery 墳場."
"人牆? 咩嚟架?"
I chuckled and continued to explain, "Well, when people died, they put in that place which is called a cemetery."
EggEgg cranked his neck and looked hard. "But I can't see any dead body there!"
"Duh. They put them under the ground and cover with soil, hence you can't see them."
"Why don't they put the person on top of the ground?"
"If they put the body on top of the ground, the insects and mouse will come and eat the body. So they bury it under the ground."
(I do realise that it wasn't a very good explanation. The insects will eat the dead body even if it's buried. But are 3-year-olds ready for the harsh truth that "dead bodies will rot and decay" and that "we all will die someday"?)
So I just kept quiet and drove on. It's not yet time to give him the lesson about our inevitable mortality.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.