During all hours in the day, I have a train of bodyguards following me everywhere. To the backyard. To the laundry. To the kitchen. Even guarding the toilet door to ensure that I don't dwell in there for too long. Opening the bath door as soon as they hear me turned off the tap. Checking on me every 10 minutes as I sleep, to make sure that I'm still in the bedroom. I am being constantly monitored, my every movement. On all suspicious activity, I have to verbally report to my guards, "Mami is now going to wash the dishes." "Mami is now going to check on the laundry."
***********************
On rare occasions, I wake up at 5am to enjoy rare moments of solitude. A time when everyone is still asleep, when the only sounds in the house is my coffee sipping, birds chirping in the backyard, and the keyboards tapping away blog entries.
This morning, just half way through the second entry at 5:30am, EggEgg patters into the lounge room and announced, "Good morning Mami! It is not morning yet?" I asked, "No it's not morning yet. Do you want to go back to sleep some more?", hoping that he'll leave to enjoy the peaceful morning just a little while more. "EggEgg is not sleepy." He declared.
5 minutes later, my mum joined the party, with a non-stop running commentary on how badly she slept last night, how she tried to turn on the TV last night, how the fan was on in the room last night, and what the neighbours are doing early in the morning.
Peace! Silence! Shush! Could they leave me alone for just a moment please?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.