Tonton joked, "Raspberries again! They are so expensive! Do you have have lots of money meh?"
Ladder the 3yo (who could barely count) replied with confidence. "I have! I have 5,6,7,8,9."
###########
Bobo, out of the blue, informs me, "Mami, 1 tree doesn't make a forest."
Me, "Well, how many does it take to make a forest then?"
Bobo answered, "It has to be one hundred and fifty trees." (The most he could count up to is 1 to 20 without help. For Bobo, 150 must be an staggeringly large number.
I responded with a challenge, "How about 149 trees? Is that enough to make a forest?"
Bobo thought about it. I supposed he couldn't' tell the difference between 149 and 150. He answered, "Ok. 149 trees makes a forest."
"How about 100 trees?" "Ok"
"How about 80 trees?" "Ok"
"How about 50 trees?" "Not ok". Hehe 50 is approaching the limit of his countable scope.
Tonton asked, "Why won't 10 tree make a forest?"
Bobo, "Because there are not enough trees to make shadow and so there is too much sunlight."
I wonder whether Bobo has come up with this conclusion by himself, or whether he has read it somewhere. By 5yo, their knowledge is no longer within the boundaries of what has been taught at home. He caught me by surprise often.
###################
Bobo has been coming up with plenty of theological questions lately.
"Does God die? " he asked me in the car.
I thought about it for a while, well Jesus did die, but I shall not confuse Bobo.
So I told Bobo, "God doesn't die, he is there at the beginning of the world, just like the first page of the Bible says, he created everything. Remember he made the light and sun and moon and stars and earth. He was there first and he doesn't die."
Bobo seemed satisfied.
But next day, Bobo asked again in the car, "Where is God?"
"He is everywhere. (pointing to the street). He is all around us to protect us and help us."
"But I can't see him!
"You can feel him in your heart. Can you feel God everywhere now?"
"I can't hear God talk to me."
"God talks to you in your heart. When you pray, he answers your prayers, right? And once upon a time, God turns to a man called Jesus and come to talk to us, like you wanted. Now we can hear his words again by reading the Bible." And there, we reached our garage door.
I am glad Bobo has such wonders about God.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.