Bobo and I went on another mid week train ride again. We're off to Hornsby to get more of those delectable bread from the market stalls.
"I want brownie!" He's only ever had those gluten free brownies before, never had any of the other yummy selections.
"Do you want a brownie, or a danish?" I point to the pineapple danish. He seems to be tolerating gluten well lately.
"Danish!!" So Bobo has learnt a new word today.
Bobo is still in deep fascination with the trains. He couldn't wait to go home immediately just to get back on the train again. We sat at the platform waiting for our train to arrive. A train pulled up at the next platform.
"Mami, that is a Thomas train!"
"No, that is a diesel train."
"Diesel? Not Thomas?"
"Yes the train runs on petrol, so it is a diesel train. And do you see that man? He's the train driver, he just got out of the train to get his lunch. It's lunch time. And there, that man waves a flag when the train is ready to go."
As if on cue, the man waved at us and gave us a friendly smile.
**************
When EggEgg came home, it's his turn today to learn some piano. He's finally getting confident with the metronome, it took him a whole month to get a sense of regular rhythm.
"Well done EggEgg, you are actually playing according to the beat now, do you realise that?"
EggEgg wasn't so sure. He's a good sight-reader and could play fast, but his sense of rhythm is horrendous. Usually, to my frustration, by the end of each piece, his notes just ran away to whatever he feels like. But today, he play everything just right.
"What's this?" He noticed the five note scale at the bottom of the page. Originally, I didn't have the intention to go through the scales with him. Personally, I'm not fond of scales. To my surprised, EggEgg learnt quickly how to play the five finger scales from C to B by ear.
Piano lesson is our special one-on-one time together. A time when Mami is immensely patient, when music fills the house.
**************
At the homework hour, we worked on Cola's "news" of the week. This week's topic is about "my pet". He dreaded this homework more than anything, because it involves him standing in front of everybody (which he hates having the attention on him) and speaking in English (which he isn't very confident about). He'd rather choose handwriting or reading as homework any day.
First, I showed him how to take photos of our pet duck using the camera.
"I don't know how to use this."
"It's easy. Turn the dial to here. Then this is the button to press. Hold your hands like this. Don't shake. Stand closer."
I got Cola relaxed on the garden swing chair. We constructed the piece in an interview style, "Where does the duck sleep? What does the duck eat? What do you like about the duck? Does the duck do anything special?"
In half an hour's time, we've nailed down the piece, in English. Cola is happy, I'm satisfied with the day's work.
*******************
Ladder is at the bathtub at the bottom of my feet. I'm exhausted.
I poured some water over his face. Droplets of water rolled over his chubby cheeks. He started licking them. The cuteness is irresistible. I kissed him on his lips.
He smiled. He likes it! And he kissed me back.
My baby has learned how to kiss.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.