If it doesn't kill you, it will only make you stronger. Now that I've experienced the unpleasantness of Terrible Twos twice, I thought I would have an easier time this round.
But the unpleasantness continue, and my blood continues to boil.
Another typical day:
6am "Wah wah wah! Mami!! Mami!!" Bobo wakes up screaming for absolutely no reason every 5 minutes just to make sure the whole house is up at this ungodly hour.
"I want cereals. Mami!!!! Mami!!" Ignoring the fact that I'm changing the baby, making lunchboxes, cutting up fruits. Then after serving him cereals, he's decided that he should smear some cereals on the table, clothes, bib, highchair and floor for good measure. His pants are now stained with chocolate milk. An early morning challenge to my parenting authority.
Then dragging multiple toys from the toy room into the living room, strewing it all over the floor, mixing the assortment of puzzles, play food, coins, marbles, Lego into a box.
"Pick it up now" I said to him.
He looks at me, unmoved.
"I said, now." Still not moving. Staring but not hearing.
"Pick it up now"
*Sigh* Selective deafness? This guy can hear me opening a biscuit wrapper from 2 rooms away!
"Your nappies are full. Let's change it now"
"I don't want".
Now here's a sign of progression. Being the most verbally advanced of the three kids at this age, while the other two could only say "uh uh uh" (Egg Egg) and "no no no no" (Cola), he could actually say, "I don't want." Mind you, not "Bobo don't want" but he actually use the pronoun 'I'. Impressive, but no less annoying.
"Eat properly. Don't spill food on the floor."
And the immediately flicked his spoon onto the floor.
"Stand in the kitchen to finish the ice pop. Don't drip."
And he successfully squeezed all the ice pop all over his body just to make his point.
"Wash your hands before eating the fruits."
Responded with yet another "I don't want"
Now he's sitting on his high chair, everyone at the table ready to commence dinner.
"Mami!!!! Mami!!! Wah.... why no bib?!!!"
"Hey ask properly. You can say, 'Mami, please put a bib on for me.'"
He stares at me, unhearing, feigning incomprehension again.
"Mami!!! mami!!!"
And if all else fails, say he's being forced to do something he doesn't want, he would just shut down his brain, drop on to the floor, and falls asleep. Right there. Just like that.
Hence, I have photos of him sleeping on the floor while picking up bread crumbs, photos of him sleeping in the shower, and photos of him eating lunch. Such an innate ability to turn off the unpleasant world and drift into a dreamland more suited to his demands. Concerned friends even suggested that he might have "sleep apnea".
Come back, my old sweet Bobo. I don't like you in your terrible twos!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.