Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Strawberries with love

Checking on the strawberry plants, cutting out fresh berries is becoming the kids' latest obsession.  It's been a delightful spring time.


Mami: Your two strawberries are so red and juicy, you forget to pick them yesterday.

EggEgg: I know they are red, but I don't want to cut them yet.  I want to wait till Daddy comes home to share with him.

Mami: But by the time Daddy comes home in the evening, the garden will be dark, and you might cut the wrong berry.

EggEgg: I can wait until Sunday morning.

Mami: Hiya, the strawbeerrry will be too ripe and be moldy by Sunday. Or, the birds and snails might eat them if you don't pick them soon.  Why don't you just cut and put one in the fridge for daddy?

EggEgg: (hesitates for a moment) Will it get moldy in he fridge this evening?

Mami: (Laughs.  This boy is always full of worries.)  It'll be alright. Now which one do you want to save for daddy?

EggEgg: (Examines the two fruits in his hands).  I'll have the small one so that Daddy can have the big one.


He then carefully puts the bigger berry in the fridge.
And this is why I'm so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.