Evening time. Mami and Daddy are chatting in the room about the day's trivial events. EggEgg is playing by himself in the rumpus. Cola is cutting some paper in the living room.
Mami walked into the dining room and noticed many pieces of tissue lying on the floor underneath the dining table. The tissue box seems half empty.
Enter the police patrol (aka Mami)
Police: Who did this? Why are there so many pieces of tissue paper on the floor?
EggEgg: Not me. I didn't do it. It's Cola.
Cola: (sees that this is a good way to get out of trouble, copies word for word) Not me. It's 哥哥 big brother.
Police: (Slaps her forehead, thinks, "Duh! I should have interrogated the younger one first.")
Police: Admit it you lot! I don't like lying kids. Tell me, who wasted all these tissue paper? If you lie, that's a bigger fault than just dumping tissue.
EggEgg is indignant that he should be suspected. He begins to cry.
EggEgg: I didn't lie. It's really not me!
Police: (Recalls, "When I was a kid some 30 years ago, I hated it when somebody doubt my honesty. I cry when I'm genuinely innocent too. Hence this boy must be innocent.")
Police: OK stop crying you. What about you Cola? Are you lying?
Cola: (with a look of complete honesty) Not me!
Police: (slightly exasperated) Ok whoever who has dump the tissue just step out and pick it up now. Alright? Let's not make a big deal out of this.
EggEgg: Mami, can I pick it up?
Police: Did you do it?
EggEgg: (shakes his head)
Police: If you didn't do it then why take the responsibility for somebody's fault? (glancing at Cola)
Cola: (stand firmly not moving to pick up the tissue.)
Act 1. Scene 2.
Enter the prosecutor (Mami) to cross examine the two suspects.
Prosecutor: Where were you just then when Mami and Daddy where chatting in the room?
EggEgg: I was in the rumpus all the time, cos you told me to go play in the rumpus.
Prosecutor: Did you come upstairs to get any tissue at all?
EggEgg: No I only came upstairs to pee in the toilet, then I went back downstairs to the rumpus.
Prosecutor: Did you witness Cola getting the tissue?
EggEgg: No I didn't see anything.
Prosecutor: Where were you just now when Mami and Daddy where chatting in the room?
Cola: Cola was here. (Point to coffee table.) Cola was cutting paper.
Prosecutor: (Examines the exhibit: a pair of child-safe scissors on the table and plenty of paper scraps on the floor in the living room.)
Prosecutor: Did you go to get any tissue at all?
Cola: No!
Prosecutor: Did you witness EggEgg getting any tissue?
Cola: No. Cola didn't see.
Act 1. Scene 3.
Enter the forensic inspector (Mami) to gather crime scene evidence.
The inspector examines the dining table. She shifts the tissue box and discovers a piece of used tissue hidden behind. It was previously not noticed. The tissue is torn, with some fresh green snot in it.
Inspector: (announces her authoritive findings) This torn hole shows that the user of the tissue exert too much force when blowing his nose. Therefore he must be a nose-blowing amateur and is not very experienced in tissue handling.
(Inspector thinks aloud) "My intuition tells me who's done it. But I have no proof to nail him! He has perfect alibi, his statement matches, and there is insufficient evidence to pin him down..."
Act 2. Scene 1.
Enter the world leading biology expert (Daddy).
The expert closely examines the color of the snot on the tissue. Walks to each suspect, tilts up their chin, and looks under their nostrils. Unfortunately, both suspects have a slight runny nose due to hay fever.
The police, the prosecutor, the inspector and the biologist all shook their head and smile in mutual agreement. This crook is certainly very clever!
Act 2. Scene 2.
Enter 包青天 (Daddy).
The kids eased up and thought that their trouble is over. Their went back to resume their own activities.
Cola started cutting paper again in deep concentration. 包青天 sat next to him and started chatting in a friendly way.
包青天: Are you feeling well today?
Cola: (at his hypochondria self again) Cola has no cough. Cola has sneeze.
包青天: Woo... did you need Mami to help you wipe nose?
Cola: (at his independent 2yo spirited self) No need Mami to wipe! Cola knows how to wipe nose!
包青天: Really? But the tissue box is so high on the table. Could you reach it? Did you need to get a stool to reach it?
Cola: (with pride) I don't need to use the stool! I just stand next to the table and pull it out from the box.
包青天: Are you sure you are tall enough? Show me how.
Sure enough, Cola calmly walked to the dining table, drag out the tissue and reenact the scene of crime right in front of our eyes!
(包青天 is the Chinese equivalent of the legendary King Solomon in giving wise and fair judgements to his people and solving difficult cases.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.