With Bobo's birth so imminent, I often wonder when I could take the boys out for excursions. Lately, I tried taking them to parks as often as I could. Today, after school, I brought some stale bread and took the boys to the duck pond at Macquarie university. They were thrilled.
On the way, Cola kept repeating, "Cola is not scared of ducks ah! Cola is not scared of ducks ah!" He even tried to scare me by saying "The ducks will eat Mami!"
EggEgg is just as excited too. He grabbed the big bag of bread and ran to the pond. Gingerly he stood near the edge and started throwing out the crumbs.
A vast flock of ducks, geese and birds soon surround us. There is a particular large white duck which seemed dangerously hungry. He kept on following and pecking at us at a close distance, and Cola started panicking.
"Cola is scared! Duck don't eat me!"
I have to hug Cola while fending the duck away.
"Duck don't eat me! Go eat Mami! Go eat Big Brother!"
Cowardly, Cola even offered us as a sacrifices! So we emptied our bread hurriedly and made a quick exit.
***************
In the safety of the car, EggEgg asked,
"Mami, where do roasts ducks come from?"
"Well, if you are quick enough, you could catch one of those ducks, bring it home and Daddy can put it in the oven to make roast ducks."
"Really? Next time I'll be very quick and catch one home!"
"You sound just like your grandma. Always thinking of food!"
(Whenever Oma sees pigeons in the park, or lizards in the garden, her first thoughts always turn to catching them and cooking them for dinner. How very Chinese!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.