
My little cola is now 18 months old. Time slips by as I longingly look at him and hold him in my arms everyday.
He's a loyal follower of EggEgg and copies everything that the big bro does. "Mami, you look here!" as EggEgg proudly shows me his neat coloring. "You look, you look!" Cola follows closely behind with his colorful wild picture too.
Cola's learning how to ride the scooter, and they'd scoot around the house through the kitchen. At other times of the day, they form a courier company with their trikes, delivering postcards and books to all nooks and crannies of the house. When I'm making cookies or muffins, or merely washing up the dishes, they pull up each of their own chair and fight to get the closest spot next to me.
(If I were a piece of real estate, body lying in bed, then the most valuable piece of property is the space that's right in front of my face. The boys fight to be lying face to face with me. The loser will have to claim the spot at my back, or at an arm's length. "Turn towards me, Mami!" "Hold my hands here!" "Hug me here!" Maybe I should take a course on body contortion from the circus's contortionist.)
The world is all blue to Cola. He calls everything blue. "岩即 (藍色)!" as he sits on the green chair. "岩即!" as he points to his brown bath towel.
His vocabulary is vastly superior to EggEgg at the same age. He can name several farm animals and most items in his picture books.
"矇矇? 燈! 燈!", the house is dark when he wakes up from his afternoon nap.
"堅堅!" as he frantically reminds that I haven't put on his bib for him.
Cola's a good singer too. When I do my dishwashing, I'll sing
"...half a pound of tuppenny rice, half a pound of treacle, that's the way the money goes..."
Then he'll do the chorus, "pop go sa see so!" (pop goes the weasel).
And when twinkle twinkle little star comes on in the car, Tonton & I will keep quiet as we catch the boys gently sing "jingle jingle it too tar!"
It’s the way you love me
It’s a feeling like this
It’s centrifugal motion
It’s perpetual bliss
It’s that pivotal moment
It’s subliminal
This kiss, this kiss
-"This kiss" by Faith Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.