10 months out and 10 months in. Cola has finally spend an equal amount of time within and without the womb (a.k.a "the mobile home"). If he can speak, I wonder if he can describe what it's like inside the womb. Is it warm and cozy? Is the swaying and tumbling and the upside down position comfortable?"Ba boo!" Cola can now say some interesting words. He's got a new nickname: the Ba Boo Piggy
In the mornings he practices his fingers skills on our faces, pointing and poking and pinching right where it hurts: my eyes! Sometimes after a feed, I'd drift back to sleep and he'll crawl right on top of my body, practicing his balance. No wonder I have trouble breathing!
One day I rebuked him for being fussy. He started crying, "Waaaa..." and then suddenly, "ma ma ma...." My hearted melted. That's his first Ma-ma! How can I not pick him up and give him a cuddle?
Housework can be enjoyable too, oddly. While EggEgg is helping me stacking the dishes, Cola crawls into the kitchen, pull up onto my legs, and gave me the biggest grin ever. Sometimes I'd sing a Wiggles song along, and Cola would start flapping his arms in a dance. He's already absorbed all the Wiggles moves from his big brother. The brothers would play blocks and cars in the kitchen while waiting for me to finish cleaning up.
"No baby no!" I'm hearing EggEgg say this a million times everyday as Cola tried to join in his big bro's games. Although EggEgg refrained himself from hitting baby with hands, he thinks headbutting doesn't count as a hit! Cola has learnt how to pretend to be the victim too, by starting to cry as soon as he sees me around. I'm so sick of being a toy referee! My next strategy: vanish into the kitchen as soon as I see a fight start, and let those boys sort it out. No more judging the-bully-and-the-victim.
My wooden floor is getting cleaner a lot lately, thanks to my "auto floor moper". Cola has a funny way of crawling, some kind of fat feet shuffle which maximizes the contact surface area with the floor. His pants are dirty even before midday.
Meal times is a battle as he kicks his chair and slaps my spoon and send food flying everywhere. However, at other times, I caught this guy munching merrily. Scavenging for snacks? Hurry, gotta scrap it out! The types of suspicious "food" I've found in his mouth: grass from the garden, a piece of yellow playdough, a dead insect with the wings still attached, EggEgg's breakfast cereal from days ago. When he's bored in the morning on our bed, his favourite early breakfast is shredded bits of tissue paper...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.