Alas, I can see that this is going to be my future for the next 10 years. Crazy frantic mornings trying to get out of the house on time, sleepy late night mass production of "lovingly prepared lunchboxes".
(In fact, the night before, I wasn't quite sure what to put into EggEgg's lunch box. Hmm... the boring ham & cheese sandwich, plus some of his favourite peas & corn on the side will do. Surprise, surprise. When I examined the box in the evening, it's totally cleaned out. EggEgg finished the entire box, double serving of the sandwich and all. Heehee, my efforts have not gone to waste! Good boy.)
EggEgg has been looking forward to pre-school, I kept on telling him how much fun there is with all the kids around, all the yummy food to eat, all the toys to play with. His eyes sparkle with joy when he saw the row of shiny trikes in the playground. "Should I ride the trike, or should I hang onto Mami?" The hesitation was short-lived, there was no tears when we parted. Whew!
During all those "free" hours without the Trouble Oil (麻煩友) around, Tonton & I went leisurely shopping. So relaxed was our sushi lunch that we were almost late in picking him up. (The penalty is severe: $5 for each minute late!) On the desperate drive there, we were contemplating on getting an air ticket to New York for a holiday and leaving him behind in the school for the next 2 weeks. Heehee... no doubt the Department of Social Service will come knocking on our doors soon.
With that big smile beaming on EggEgg's face, I knew he had an enjoyable day too.
Every day afterwards, EggEgg would drag out his school bag, and asked me when he can go back to school again. "Uk uk uk, huh huh huh?", poking the bags and trying to put on his Thomas-the-Tank-Engine sandals.
1 comment:
Yay for preschool!! Glad he loves it! Our boys grow up way too fast!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.