Egg Egg has stepped into the Age of Enlightenment. Just out of the blue, one fine morning, he demonstrated that he could understand 90% of everything I say. Voila! The days of urk urk urk are behind us. He could now point, babble, wave and make all sorts of communicative signs to indicate his wishes. Most of these days, I'm happy to say, it's all giggles and cuddles.
In just a little over 1 year, this little guy is now showing me what he can do, surprising me everyday.
... one day he started to pick up the vacuum cleaner and vacuum around, thought the handle is taller than him...
... the next day he started to put on my oven mitts (they are long enough to go all the way into his elbows) and pretend to open the ovens...
... the next day he rummage through the bathroom cupboard (amongst the 100s of other similar looking bottles) and took out the correct bath bubble bottle for me to put into his bath ...
In short, I think Elizabeth Browning's poem summarizes my feelings at the moment:-
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise,
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints -I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! -and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.