Saturday, August 18, 2007

Playing hard to get? (Part 2)

Finally I can't stand this insolence any longer. My temper was unleashed for 2 days and 2 nights. Every time Egg Egg starts whining, be it play time, feed time, or sleep time, he'd get a bloody scolding from me. Boy... even I'm surprised by my own fury: "Are you crazy? Do you know what time this is? You're waking up for the 3rd time tonight again?! Shut up!" "Open your mouth! There's no poison in this food!" "Go on, yell louder, the neighbors can't hear you yet." "What? Are you out of breathe already? Come on, cry some more!" "Look at me when I'm talking to you!"

And guess what? A 100% improvement in behavior instantly. I almost couldn't believe it. He's gulping down the food in big mouthfuls with this delicious smirk, drinking up the bottle of formula that he's previously rejected, playing and cooing happily by himself all day, and even smiling at me whenever I'm around. And whenever he regressed back to his old cranky self again, a firm "Stop it" from me will bring immediate obedience.

Why? Why must I play the part of an angry and stern mum before he behave? I've always dreamt of being his playful mummy, forever cheery and smiling. Well, now I know better. Hmm... kids, they need boundaries. Even for a 5 month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.