Sunday, September 2, 2012

Surprise! Happy fathers day.

7am on a saturday morning. EggEgg came to our bedroom with a cheeky smile and hands behind his back. "Surprise!" I could guess what it must be.



He walked around to Tonton's side of the bed and took out a half crumpled Fathers Day card. At the back of it, there was five, six, failed attempts of spelling "I love you Dad".


***************
There was a booklet of coupons too, much like the ones I received for Mother's Day.

"Hey how come Daddy's got more coupons in his booklet than mine? He's got a free car wash, a free back rub, a free weeding. Whereas I've only got a free backrub and a free floor sweep." I was indignant about this whole unfair booklet business.

EggEgg explained calmly, "But Mami, you have two blank ones where you can write whatever you want."

"Uh ok. Can I use it now?"

"No, your booklet has expired. Daddy's booklet is valid now."

"What? I haven't even used any of the coupons and they've already expired?"

"All right Mami. You may use them again in January."

How I want to wipe that smirk off Tonton's face! Big deal, now its your turn to celebrate, yeah Fathers Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.