The local primary school is located merely 900 meters from our house, down a straight path, on the same side of the street.
In the first term of EggEgg attending the local school, Cola kept dragging his feet on the path when sending and picking up EggEgg. He got us all late, then got lost in the midst of the afternoon pick up crowd, then throw numerous tantrums.. He is so unenthusiastic to do the school rounds.
"No afternoon tea for you if you don't walk properly to school to pick up your big brother!" After a few afternoons of coaxing, scolding, threatening and executing the above punishment, Cola finally got his act together.
By the end of the first term, he's looking forward to the afternoon 3pm pickups. "The 3 o'clock chime! Let's go pick up gor gor!" He sits on the front wheel of the stroller, balancing precariously as we fly down the road. For he knows there's tv and afternoon tea waiting for us on the way back.
************
By the second term of EggEgg attending the local school, the novelty has rubbed off. "What's happening in school today?" "Nothing" came his standard reply.
And EggEgg's notorious whinging starts.
"Mami, can you drive the car to pick me up everyday? I'm so tired."
"Mami, can you put a rope on your stroller so that you can pull me along?"
"Mami, can you walk slower?"
"Mami, I need to pee now. NOW! I need to pee now. I can't walk. I need to pee now."
"Mami..."
After 7 weeks of this, I can stand it no more.
Today in the middle of the road, I threw down his school bag and told him, "You there! Carry your own bloody bag yourself. And since you are soooo tired, you go to take a nap as soon as you get home. No ipod games, no afternoon tea. Oh yeah, you are soooo tired."
Mate, I'm single handed pushing a 14kg stroller and a 9kg baby on my right hand, while holding a 3 year old on my left hand. There's this person lagging behind me who claims that he can't even carry his "heavy school bag" which contains nothing except two empty lunch boxes and a water bottle?
What a bunch of bloody whingers!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.