
"Mami, tell me again what we did in Japan."
EggEgg have been begging for this kind of stories since returning home from our Japan holiday last June.
Whenever there's a free moment, he'd snuggle next to me and ask, "Do tell me, tell me. What we did we do? On Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5... like that."
Well, it wasn't necessary for me to tell, because EggEgg have thoroughly memorized every event that happened during our trip. Currently his favourite book is our Japan photo albums, his favourite reading material is the Disneyland map, and his favourite toy is the shinkansen train.
What total obsession!
... "Come onto my airplane! (ie. modified cot) We're flying to Japan today." He'd lugged boxes and boxes of toys and load them onto his flight.
... "Mami, I'm going on a holiday to Japan today. I won't be back until dinner time." He bids me farewell and hold Cola's hands and disappeared into the other room.
*******************
Even 6-months later, EggEgg's passion hasn't weaned at all.
... "Mami, after little baby brother is born, can we go to Japan again?" He requested earnestly as he kissed my tummy.
Even Cola has caught on his mania too. I asked of him one morning, "What did you do this morning? You guys were playing in the room for hours." Cola replied, "Cola went on a plane. Cola went to Japan."
And here I am, writing this holiday blog 6 months AFTER the actual trip, because, in case I ever forget the details, he could rediscover about his childhood adventures all over again when he grows up and learns to read. (With thanks to third trimester insomnia which makes late-night blogging once again a possible task.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.