


In our first overseas trip to Jakarta, these are the 3 books that I took along. They are EggEgg's favourite.
At 2 months old, we'd lie own on the mattress together, shoulder to shoulder, and I'd read him the Animal Touch-and-Feel book. Together, we look at the pictures of the furry chicks, green lizards and sticky frogs and I'd guide him to touch it with his chubby hands. To my surprise & delight, sometimes I'd open the book, and he'd be reading to me instead: "Aaaaa el el el"
By 9 month old, we loved Sandra Boyton's Doggies.
"One dog, Wolf. 2 dogs Yep yep, 3 dogs bow wow wow..."
We even took it to our Tasmanian trip and read it every night before going to sleep. EggEgg loves the different doggie sounds. By the time we reach page 9 where the dogs are howling at the moon, EggEgg makes the "Aouuuuu" sound too.
EggEgg doesn't really care for the story of how the Caterpillar morphed into a butterfly. He just jumped right into the middle page where there's food: cakes! muffins! cheese! sausages! ice-cream! watermelons!
By 1 year old, EggEgg used this book as his breakfast menu. When he demands breakfast in the morning, EggEgg would toddle over to the bookshelf, pick up the Caterpillar book and show me the page where the food is.
(I find it hard to explain the page where the cocoon is. My version to EggEgg: "The Catapillar has eaten so much that he's made a huge brown poo..." Heehee)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.